E: revdadrian@gmail.com  
St Colmans Dunmurry Banner
 

Welcome to St. Colman's Parish Church Website

 

Waddle Home
About Us Button
Services Button
History Button
News Button
Events Button
Ventures Button
Childrens Groups Button
Youth Groups Button
Adult Groups Button
Support Us Button
Contact Us Button

THE GALLERY

Institution of Rev'd Adrian McLaughlin

St Colmans Gallery Thumbnail
module lower middle
See Pictures
 

Parish Picnic

St Colmans Gallery Thumbnail
module lower middle
See Pictures
 

The Big Breakfast

St Colmans Gallery Thumbnail
module lower middle
See Pictures


OUR HISTORY
St Colman's Dumurry

The people of the hamlet of Dunmurry first worshipped in a building known as the Assembly Rooms, constructed in 1874 and in use today as the parochial hall. They wanted a Church of Ireland church in the village and secured a site on the main Belfast-Lisburn road, but as this might have affected the congregation of Upper Falls, they instead bought the current site, which belonged to the Northern Bank. The Bishop of the Diocese gave his consent, and the building began.


The consecration, by The Rt Rev John Baptist Crozier, Lord Bishop of Down, Connor and Dromore, took place on St. Mark's Day, 25th April 1908. The Parish continued to be linked to Drumbeg Parish until 1932.

Canon Ellis was appointed curate-in-charge and was made Rector in 1945. After his retirement he was followed in turn by Canon Terry Rodger, the Rev Mike McCann, the late Rev Tom Priestly and Rev. Denise Acheson. John Williams was commissioned Parish Reader in June 2006. The present Rector, the Rev'd Adrian McLaughlin, was instituted on 18th June 2014.

module bottom

St Colmans Dunmurry Stained Glass Window
 

Home | About Us | Services | History | News | Events | Ventures | Childrens Groups | Youth Groups | Adult Groups | Support Us | Contact Us